Sometimes hurting parents need an extra level of support.
Many biological parents who have been impacted by the child welfare system are doing everything they possibly can to be reunited with their children. Often, support before and after reunification is desperately needed for a stable family environment.
Chosen offers healing help to biological parents reunited with their children who have been in foster care.
Our approach includes:
- Collection of history to understand the family’s needs;
- Communication with case managers, teachers and former foster parents to understand struggles;
- Corresponding Trauma-informed Action Plan® structured to promote attachment and heal trauma;
- One-on-one parent coaching that embraces current family systems;
- Counseling to help parents improve communication and decrease difficult behaviors in their children; and
- Targeted case management to help parents find necessary community resources.