Director of Training
Director of Training
Chosen Care, Inc. Overview
Founded in 2009, Chosen is a faith-based nonprofit that helps children heal from trauma with a holistic approach by strengthening foster, relative, reunified, and adoptive families with trauma-informed resources such as: parent coaching, therapy, and personalized case management.
Chosen has a special culture that encourages and provides deep, core values based work and spiritual growth of team members. Our team is fast-paced, professional, passionate, growth-oriented and innovative. We are committed to best business practices and tools for mission fulfillment.
Chief Program Officer
We help children heal from trauma by strengthening their families.
Every child thriving in a family.
Our core values are rooted in faith and shape the way we go about fulfilling our mission, how we behave, and what we expect of each other.
Excellence – We operate with a growth mentality and go the extra mile.
Service – We work diligently & own the part we play with a commitment to do whatever it takes.
Compassion – We are active listeners and seek what is important to the speaker.
Integrity – We show up with authenticity, adhere to honest practices and use candor with kindness.
Stewardship – We use resources with multiplication in mind as one in charge of God’s resources.
The Director of Training is an integral part of the Chosen team and is responsible for the development and execution of strategic and tactical learning, training, and content marketing programs. This includes technical, functional, and leadership skill development. Additionally, this position will lead and develop a training team as the program grows.
- Assess current needs and strategically plan for internal and external trainings and content marketing
- Manages the e-learning tools and instructional design for training solutions
- Plans internal and external training program offerings, including standards for training delivery
- Prepares delivery of trainings through a variety of means, including e-learning, webinars, speaking occasions, classroom, self-study guides, or a variety of other techniques
- Develops contract relationships with training recipient organizations
- Establishes systems and processes, standards and measurements that assure quality, accuracy, effectiveness, and ROI of training programs, reporting to executives and Board, as applicable
- Actively coordinates with marketing to effectively communicate learning programs and services to affiliates
- Actively networks within the learning and development community of professionals and benchmarks Chosen’s training practices against trends and best practices
- Develops and manages structure for procurement, execution, and outcome tracking for all internal and external training offerings
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred)
- Minimum five years of extensive experience in instructional design, research and evaluation, and social sciences
- Proven experience buildings from programs from inception and scaling an organization
- E-learning offering tools experience
- Instructional design experience required
- Experience managing key relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate Chosen’s mission and program offerings
- Expertise in the child welfare sector
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite strongly preferred
- Knowledge of synchronous and asynchronous learning best practices in online teaching and online course development
- Proven experience developing and producing media content
- Demonstrated experience in working in fast-paced environment
- Quiet workspace and high-speed internet and phone connection to support telehealth services and video conferencing
- General understanding of content marketing
- Ability to sit for long periods of time at a desk or other work area
- Ability to type and verbally communicate with staff, clients, and other stakeholders
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
- Strong personal integrity
- Demonstrated strategic thinker
- Tireless advocate for the mission
- Compassion for hurting children and families