Chosen Care, Inc. Overview
Founded in 2009, Chosen is a faith-based nonprofit that helps children heal from trauma due to abuse, neglect or abandonment. We do this with a holistic approach by strengthening their foster, kinship and adoptive families with trauma-informed resources. Chosen has a special culture that encourages and provides deep, core values based work and spiritual growth of team members. Our team is fast-paced, professional, passionate, growth-oriented and innovative. We are committed to best business practices and tools for mission fulfillment.
We help children heal from trauma by strengthening their families.
Every child thriving in a family.
Our core values are rooted in faith and shape the way we go about fulfilling our mission, how we behave, and what we expect of each other.
Excellence – We operate with a growth mentality and go the extra mile.
Service – We work diligently & own the part we play with a commitment to do whatever it takes.
Compassion – We are active listeners and seek what is important to the speaker.
Integrity – We show up with authenticity, adhere to honest practices and use candor with kindness.
Stewardship – We use resources with multiplication in mind as one in charge of God’s resources.
The Child Therapist offers integral support for our Model of Care through child therapy. Working directly with children of client families, this position performs various modalities, including but not limited to EMDR, TBRI, and TF-CBT. This position works under the supervision of the Clinical Manager and in coordination with Care Managers to ensure holistic healing and care.
- Process client therapy applications
- Enter and maintain client contact and demographic data in CMS
- Complete client assessments as needed
- Create actionable plan for the client
- Conduct trauma-informed therapy through telehealth or in person, as applicable
- Coordinate with Care Manager to meet needs
- Attends supervision with Clinical Manager and court hearings when necessary
- Completes clinical documentation in a timely manner
- Provides crisis support/management as needed
- Participates in team meetings and activities
- Other tasks as assigned
- Applicable LCSW, LPC, LMHC, LMFT credential with 2-4 years related experience and training
- Trust-Based Relational Intervention® Practitioner strongly preferred
- Trauma-Informed training or certification
- Solid working knowledge of current industry norms and challenges
- Technically competent with Microsoft Office suite
- Bilingual skills preferred
- Ability to be credentialed with Medicaid and other payors
- Quiet workspace and high-speed internet and phone connection to support telehealth services and video conferencing
- Ability to sit for long periods of time at a desk or other work area
- Ability to type and verbally communicate with staff, clients, and other stakeholders
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
- Proactive, resourceful and a problem-solver
- Strong personal integrity
- Tenacious in follow up
- Firm grasp and complete embrace of ministry vision and mission
- Highly reliable & dependable
- Efficient with time/resources available to meet program goals/initiatives
- Extraordinary amount of compassion
- Heart of excellence to serve
- Willingness to walk alongside hurting families and help put them on a path of healing