State Engagement Director
Chosen Care, Inc. Overview
Founded in 2009, Chosen is a faith-based nonprofit that helps children heal from trauma
due to abuse, neglect or abandonment. We do this with a holistic approach by
strengthening foster, kinship, adoptive and reunified families with trauma-informed
resources such as: parent coaching, mentoring, therapy and targeted case
Chosen has a special culture that encourages and provides deep, core values based
work and spiritual growth of team members. Our team is fast-paced, professional,
passionate, growth-oriented and innovative. We are committed to best business
practices for mission fulfillment.
In conjunction with Florida Governor DeSantis and First Lady, Mrs. DeSantis’ vision to
engage the church in prevention, foster care and adoption, Chosen has been selected
as a strategic partner in this new endeavor. Additional partners include All Pro Dads,
Tony Dungy, Angel Armies Foundation, Chris Tomlin, America’s Kids Belong, Aunt Bertha,
In essence, the goal is to reverse the foster care crisis in Florida by engaging the Body
of Christ with a myriad of options to serve the most vulnerable in their communities.
Entitled “My Florida, My Family,” this initiative is set to roll out in every major area
of Florida to engage 20,000 churches in this battle over the next two years.
Position Title: State Engagement Director Reports To: COO
Location: Florida Type: Full-Time
Salary: Negotiable FLSA Status: Exempt
We help children heal from trauma by strengthening their families.
Every child thriving in a family.
Our core values are rooted in faith and shape the way we go about fulfilling our
mission, how we behave, and what we expect of each other.
Excellence – We operate with a growth mentality and go the extra mile.
Service – We work diligently & own the part we play with a commitment to do whatever
Compassion – We are active listeners and seek what is important to the speaker.
Integrity – We show up with authenticity, adhere to honest practices and use candor
Stewardship – We use resources with multiplication in mind as one in charge of God’s
The State Engagement Director is a grant funded position and integral part of the
Chosen team. Our services are expanding in conjunction with the Florida Department of
Children & Families and multiple national partners. Consequently, the position will be
based in Florida. Director is responsible for creating connections with the Florida church
and community in order to communicate Chosen’s services. This pivotal Director role
requires the ability to build collaborative relationships that reflect the values of Chosen.
• Build connections with the Florida Church community, ministries, and relevant
child-welfare and government agencies
• Identify churches that can sponsor families and/or utilize services
• Ensure relevant contracts are completed for service billing
• Liaise with program staff and mission advancement team for optimal results
• Remain current with all Chosen programs and services
• Leverage all relationships for the common good of the families
• Bachelor’s degree, in a related field preferred
• 3 years of experience in nonprofit and/or Church community
• Proven self-starter
• Proven relationship and network builder
• Team player internally and externally
• Excellent communicator at all levels
• Child welfare advocacy experience
• Public speaking experience (desirable)
• Willing and able to travel or live in the State of Florida
• Able to fulfill key performance indicators
• Proven organizational and planning skills
• Strong personal integrity
• Hungry, humble, and smart – as defined by P. Lencioni in The Ideal Team Player
• Demonstrated critical thinker
• Motivated, professional and self-directed
• Tenacious and resourceful
• Tireless advocate for the mission
• Strong networking ability
Key Performance Indicators
The State Engagement Director will succeed at the job if they achieve the following key
• Mission Advancement: Chosen’s values within the organization and the
community are reinforced.
• Collaboration: Partnerships are thriving and growing externally and internally.
• Goals: Successfully achieve quarterly and annual goals.
• Project Management: Establishes plans for delivery.