Marketing and Communication Designer
Chosen Care, Inc. Overview
Founded in 2009, Chosen is a faith-based nonprofit that helps children heal from trauma
due to abuse, neglect or abandonment. We do this with a holistic approach by
strengthening foster, kinship, adoptive and reunified families with trauma-informed
resources such as: parent coaching, mentoring, therapy and targeted case management.
Chosen has a special culture that encourages and provides deep, core values based
work and spiritual growth of team members. Our team is fast-paced, professional,
passionate, growth-oriented and innovative. We are committed to best business practices
for mission fulfillment.
Position Title: Marketing and Communication Designer Type: Full-Time
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer FLSA Status: Exempt
Contact: Stephanie Canard – email@example.com
We help children heal from trauma by strengthening their families.
Every child thriving in a family.
Our core values are rooted in faith and shape the way we go about fulfilling our mission,
how we behave, and what we expect of each other.
Excellence – We operate with a growth mentality and go the extra mile.
Service – We work diligently, own the part we play and commit to do whatever it takes.
Compassion – We are active listeners and seek what is important to the speaker.
Integrity – We show up with authenticity, adhere to honest practices and use candor with
Stewardship – We use resources with multiplication in mind as one in charge of God’s
The Marketing and Communication Designer is an integral part of the Mission
Advancement team. This role will design and produce graphic content, develop marketing
content, write copy, ensure marketing work is appropriate for social channels and
campaigns, and produce excellent work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
• Coordinate all media contact and ensure that the organization digital ad print
coverage is appropriate
• Ensure campaigns are delivered to deadlines and generating the desired outcome
• Develop marketing and public relations collateral and content for public release
• Translate Leadership, Program, and Mission Advancement into design strategies
with marketing content
• Communicate content and design concepts to the Chosen Team
• Design and deliver visual concepts using graphic design software/tools
• Use Chosen’s fonts, colors, photos and all other design elements to communicate
• Bachelor’s degree, in a related field preferred
• 5 years minimum experience in graphic design and marketing
• Experienced in illustrator, photoshop and InDesign
• Working knowledge of WordPress
• Proven effectiveness in developing marketing content
• Strong written and verbal communication and active listening skills
• Proven organizational and planning skills
• Ability to initiate and monitor several simultaneous projects
• Able to show measurable success
• Strong personal integrity
• Hungry, humble, and smart – as defined by P. Lencioni in The Ideal Team Player
• Demonstrated critical thinker
• Motivated, professional and self-directed
• Tenacious and resourceful
• Internal communicator
• Ability to take complex ideas and simplify to communicate externally
• Excellent internal team player and communicator
• Tireless advocate for the mission
Key Performance Indicators
The Marketing and Communication Designer will succeed at the job if they achieve the
following key performance indicators:
• Mission Advancement: values within the organization and community are
reinforced by the collateral
• Collaboration: Internal customers are served with excellence
• Team: A competent and essential team member
• Project Management: All requests are fulfilled on time in full