Mission Advancement/ Development Intern
Position Title: Mission Advancement Intern Type: Temporary
Reports To: Mission Advancement Coordinator Location: Remote
The Mission Advancement/Development Intern is responsible for assisting in the engagement and cultivation of Chosen’s supporters under the direction of Chosen’s Mission Advancement Team as well as general department support tasks.
The Mission Advancement/Development Intern will be provided the opportunity to gain experience and familiarity with areas such as fundraising, philanthropy, advocacy, and the day-to-day operations of a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. This position requires organizational skills, initiative, ability to prioritize, and multitask.
This is an unpaid internship.
- Assist with welcoming new donors and engaging with potential new donors both through written communications and via phone
- Assist with data processing, data cleaning, and entry for donations and volunteers in CRM, Salesforce
- Assist in the execution of fund-development campaigns and activities
- Assist in social media activities
- Must be a college/graduate student
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in using Microsoft and Google Suites
- Experience working with donors
- Self-starter who takes initiative to contribute creatively to our work
- Interest in nonprofit fundraising and management
- Development/fundraising experience a plus
- Passion for excellence
- Effective communicator
- Strong personal integrity
- Firm grasp of Chosen’s vision and mission