Position Title: Case Manager
Location: Bexar County, TX Employment Status: Full-Time
Salary: Negotiable FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Chosen Care, Inc. Overview
Founded in 2009, Chosen is a faith-based nonprofit that helps children heal from trauma due to abuse, neglect or abandonment. We do this with a holistic approach by strengthening their foster, kinship and adoptive families with trauma-informed resources such as: parent coaching, therapy, and intensive case management.
Chosen has a special culture that encourages and provides deep, core values based work and spiritual growth of team members. Our team is fast-paced, professional, passionate, growth-oriented, and innovative. We are committed to best business practices and tools for mission fulfillment.
We help children heal from trauma by strengthening their families.
Every child thriving in a family.
Our core values are rooted in faith and shape the way we go about fulfilling our mission, how we behave, and what we expect of each other.
Excellence – We operate with a growth mentality and go the extra mile.
Service – We work diligently & own the part we play with a commitment to do whatever it takes.
Compassion – We are active listeners and seek what is important to the speaker.
Integrity – We show up with authenticity, adhere to honest practices, and use candor with kindness.
Stewardship – We use resources with multiplication in mind as one in charge of God’s resources.
The Case Manager is responsible for supporting Chosen’s mission to help children heal from trauma by using our unique, trauma-informed Model of Care with families who have been impacted by the child welfare system. This individual coordinates the overall plan of care for a client family, from inquiry to completion, and works directly with parents and caregivers while providing parent coaching, case management, and therapeutic resources. The position involves a multi-disciplinary approach and includes communication with multiple professionals involved with the family.
· Process client applications
· Enter and maintain client contact and demographic data in CMS
· Complete multiple assessments of both parents/caregivers and children
· Obtain clear understanding of the family history
· Create actionable plan for the entire family
· Conduct trauma-informed parent coaching virtually or in-person, as appropriate
· Provide resources/professional referrals specific to needs of clients
· Track client/mentor interaction to ensure commitment is being fulfilled
· Complete administrative tasks needed by Program Manager
· Meet with collaborating agencies to share workshop/training possibilities
· Conduct trauma-informed training to child welfare professionals as requested
· Participate in creation of trauma-informed content and resources
· Bachelor’s or master’s degree in social services field with 2-4 years related experience and/or training
· Behavioral health certification or license strongly preferred
· Trust-Based Relational Intervention® Practitioner strongly preferred
· Solid working knowledge of current industry norms and challenges
· Demonstrated experience in client support and direct client communications
· Technically competent with Microsoft Office suite
· Proactive, resourceful and a problem-solver
· Strong personal integrity
· Tenacious in follow up
· Firm grasp and complete embrace of ministry vision and mission
· Highly reliable & dependable
· Efficient with time/resources available to meet program goals/initiatives
· Extraordinary amount of compassion
· Heart of excellence to serve
· Willingness to walk alongside hurting families and help put them on a path of healing