Chosen Care, Inc. Overview
Founded in 2009, Chosen is a faith-based nonprofit that helps children heal from trauma with a holistic approach by strengthening foster, relative, reunified, and adoptive families with trauma-informed resources such as: parent coaching, therapy, and personalized case management.
Chosen has a special culture that encourages and provides deep, core values based work and spiritual growth of team members. Our team is fast-paced, professional, passionate, growth-oriented and innovative. We are committed to best business practices and tools for mission fulfillment.
Position Title: Bookkeeper Reports To: Operations Manager
Location: Remote Employment Status: Part Time, Contract, up to 20 hours per week
We help children heal from trauma by strengthening their families.
Every child thriving in a family.
Our core values are rooted in faith and shape the way we go about fulfilling our mission, how we behave, and what we expect of each other.
Excellence – We operate with a growth mentality and go the extra mile.
Service – We work diligently & own the part we play with a commitment to do whatever it takes.
Compassion – We are active listeners and seek what is important to the speaker.
Integrity – We show up with authenticity, adhere to honest practices and use candor with kindness.
Stewardship – We use resources with multiplication in mind as one in charge of God’s resources.
The Bookkeeper is responsible for the organization and execution of finance activity, touching areas such as accounts receivable and payable, contract billing, grant reporting, and more under the guidance of Executive Leadership.
- Completes weekly and monthly bookkeeping, reconciliation, and bank account management
- Coordinates accounts payable and accounts receivables
- Coordinates with departments regarding financial reporting needs
- Assists with budget and audit completion as assigned
- Completes other financial tasks as needed
- College graduate preferred in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- 2-3 years nonprofit bookkeeping experience with understanding of GAAP
- Proven experience working with Office 365 and QuickBooks Online
- Quiet workspace, high-speed internet, and phone connection supporting remote work
- Ability to sit for long periods of time at a desk or other work area
- Ability to type and verbally communicate with staff, clients, and other stakeholders
- Strong personal integrity