We are not looking for job seekers. We want change makers! Come join us in reshaping the future of child welfare!
Who are we?
Chosen is a faith-based nonprofit that helps children heal from trauma due to abuse, neglect, or abandonment. We strengthen foster, kinship, adoptive and reunified family systems using a holistic, trauma-responsive approach. Chosen has a special culture that encourages and provides deep, core values-based work and spiritual growth of team members. Our team is fast-paced, professional, passionate, growth-oriented and innovative. We are committed to best business practices and tools for mission fulfillment.
Who are you?
You are a dedicated, hard worker who is passionate about putting families on a path of healing. You value work and family, the location independence of a remote position, and less commute stress. You want to work for an organization where your team values you. You don’t think outside the box, because you don’t believe in the concept of the box in the first place.
Director of Operations
We help children heal from trauma by strengthening their families.
Every child thriving in a family.
Our core values are rooted in faith and shape the way we go about fulfilling our mission, how we behave, and what we expect of each other.
Excellence – We operate with a growth mentality and go the extra mile.
Service – We work diligently & own the part we play with a commitment to do whatever it takes.
Compassion – We are active listeners and seek what is important to the speaker.
Integrity – We show up with authenticity, adhere to honest practices and use candor with kindness. Stewardship – We use resources with multiplication in mind as one in charge of God’s resources.
About the position
We are looking for a Human Resources Generalist to contribute to Chosen’s’ mission of serving children and families by being a champion for our employees, vigorously representing their concerns to leadership and at the same time working to increase employee contribution and commitment to the organization. You will be an agent of continuous transformation, shaping processes and a culture that together improves our organization’s capacity for change. You will possess sound HR acumen in delivering all aspects of Human Resources and have a keen sense of ethics when it comes to confidential information. The goal is to ensure the HR department’s operations runs smoothly and delivers on our core values.
- Promotes a proactive culture strategy, helping leadership protect and demonstrate the core values Chosen upholds.
- Oversees recruitment efforts and new-employee orientations and onboarding.
- Maintains accountability and organizational charts and job descriptions.
- Maintains employee records and provides up-to-date employee directory.
- Assist in effectively structuring benefits programs to attract and retain top talent.
- Works closely with management and employees to enhance the employee-employer relationships and makes best practices recommendations.
- Develops new strategies to increase employees’ engagement and wellbeing without physical interactions. Defining and redesigning virtual employee experiences, mapping out collaboration, personal interaction, and employee recognition and celebration events.
- Conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations and works with management on hearing and resolving employee grievances.
- Assists in the planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee performance.
- Assists in the development of personnel policies and maintains employee handbook.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Ensures electronic timesheets have proper approval, reviews compensatory time earned, monitors overtime hours, factors in holiday and PTO pay, and inputs for raises and bonuses.
- Performs benefits administration to include change reporting, reviewing invoices for payment, and communicating changes in benefits to employees.
- Tracts professional development and helps management in developing long-term strategies, growth goals, and assist in nurturing employees to new levels in their careers.
- Conducts 30/60/90-day check ins, exit interviews and performs close-out paycheck cycle after terminations.
- Completes other special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field
- 5 years’ experience in Human Resources with demonstrated knowledge and understanding of all aspects of HR functions
- SHRM – CP/SCP, PHR, SPHR certification (desired)
- Familiarity with Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS) (desired)
- Ability to sit for long periods of time at a desk or other work area
- Ability to type and verbally communicate with staff, clients, and other stakeholders
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
- Team player with the ability to multi-task in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, and remotely with minimal supervision
- Strong conflict management and communication skills with the ability to maintain professional under pressure
- Trustworthy, impartial, and objective with a strong sense of ethics
- Great organizational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- Solid knowledge of HR practices, federal and state employment laws
- Experience with Office 365, Gusto, TSheets, and Asana (desired)
- Tireless advocate for the mission