- This event has passed.
Chosen Half Marathon & 5K
165 million orphans worldwide long for a family and need a home.
Set in the heart of Central Texas between Austin and San Antonio, Chosen is a perfect destination race to add to your calendar. Join us as we RUN FOR SOMEONE ELSE’S VICTORY!
Our Half Marathon is a point-to-point course. Runners will be bused to their start line at The Summit Resort and finish at Rockin’ R in Gruene (along with the 5K runners). Half Marathoners run alongside the beautiful Guadalupe River surrounded by lush green trees, rolling hills, and picturesque cliffs…making this the PRETTIEST RACE IN TEXAS!
5K runners start and finish at Rockin’ R in Gruene. This out-and-back course offers a start line view of the beautiful Guadalupe River and travels through a peaceful community with winding streets and rolling hills. We also host a Kids Fun Run (1/8 mile) for ages 12 and under. This is truly a full family-racing event!
Interested in forming a team? Click HERE for to get started.
Chosen offers an exceptional and unique race experience – a boutique race with big city amenities, first-class management, and worldwide impact. Join us as we RUN FOR SOMEONE ELSE’S VICTORY by participating in the 8th Annual Chosen Half Marathon & 5K!
Online registration is now open
We’ve heard you & want to keep improving! Some enhancements already in the works for 2017:
- NO through traffic in front of Rockin’ R while you finish
- ONE bus time to transport you (apx. 7am)
- EARLIER start time (all the praise hands!)
- MORE swag in your bags
Thank you for a tremendous response to our Chosen Half & 5k Race survey!
88% of runners rated Chosen as Excellent or Very Good
96% of runners are Very Likely or Likely to recommend Chosen to a friend
- November 18 08:00 AM CST – Half Marathon
- November 18 08:00 AM CST – 5K
- November 18 10:00 AM CST – Kids Fun Run
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE REGISTERING!
- BUSING: HALF MARATHONERS START AND FINISH AT TWO DIFFERENT LOCATIONS. Click HERE to view the Half Marathon Course Map. Half marathoners have the option to select being bused from Rockin’ R in Gruene to the start line at The Summit or runners can choose not to take the bus from Rockin’ R and make their own transportation arrangements for drop off at the Rio Guadalupe Resort. Then Rio Guadalupe dropped-off runners will take a short 1-mile shuttle ride to The Summit. The Rockin’ R bused runners will start loading the buses at 6:45am buses will leave as they are filled. There are NO ASSIGNED BUSES, TIMES OR GROUPS. Please arrive early to allow time for parking and loading the buses. Buses will leave as they are filled, to help stagger departure congestion.
- TO SIMPLIFY YOUR MORNING, AND AVOID BUSING, WE INVITE YOU TO STAY AT THE START! The Summit Resort, the beautiful location for the start of the Prettiest Race in Texas, offers water front cabins, villas, RV spots, and much more. You can stay at the start and sleep in on race morning then walk to the start line. There is special pricing for Chosen runners and families just tell them we sent you! (There is a 2-night minimum). Space is limited, so reserve your stay soon!
- ENTRY FEES ARE NOT REFUNDABLE for any reason. We adhere to the standard marathon running industry policy. This policy applies regardless of whether you become injured, have an unexpected business/family emergency, pregnancy, travel issues, etc. There are NO exceptions. Any inquiry regarding this policy will be directed back to this page.
- If you are interested in fundraising for your adoption or an orphan care project, click HERE before registering.
- All finishers of the Chosen Half will receive a finisher’s medal.
- 5K finishers will not receive a medal but top finishers will receive an award.
- iPods and other music players are permitted on the course. However, for your safety and others’, please be aware of your surroundings.
- The following are prohibited from the course: pets, baby joggers/strollers, in-line skates, bicycles, and any other non-official wheeled vehicles, respectively.
- The race organizers strongly discourage anyone under the age of 12 from participating in this event but it is ultimately up to the parent/guardian. Minors will need a parent’s consent to register (Ages 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult on the course).
- We cannot accept mail-in registrations. All registrants must register online, at packet pickup or day of event (5K only). We appreciate your understanding.
- Additional information on the FAQs page, click HERE.
THANK YOU for helping to bring foster & orphaned children into loving families… there is no greater reason to compete!